IMS/IPA test and fault simulator
The test and fault simulator allows the functionality of IMS® and IPA stations to be tested. A conveyor and a station are connected to the tester by means of 9-pin and 25-pin connectors. Sensor and control signals are displayed using LEDs. Latching push-buttons allow all the functions of the stations and belt to be tested, allowing for manual testing of the function sequence.
In order to use the equipment for fault simulation, there are two additional connectors for connecting the fault box to a control system. This connects the fault simulator in between the control system and the station it is controlling. A lockable flap opens to reveal 12 toggle switches by which the various faults can be activated which impair the functioning of the belt and station.
- 15 LEDs for displaying status of digital inputs
- 11 latching push-buttons for setting digital outputs
- 11 LEDs for displaying how the outputs are set
- 12 Fault switches:
- S1 to S10 set up short circuits or wire breaks
- LED switch deactivates the LEDs – this is so that trainees cannot simply spot the faults immediately
- PWR for disconnecting the power supply across terminal X2/X4
- 1 x 25-pin plug for connection to a control system
- 1 x 25-pin plug for connection to a station
- 1 x 9-pin plug for connection to a control system
- 1 x 9-pin plug for connection to a station
- 1 x lockable flap to cover the faults which are set