All IMS sub-systems are composed of several individual IMS components. They can be connected to any programmable logic controller by means of standard connectors. Before IMS sub-systems are connected in larger installations, the requisite knowledge and skills should be learned with the aid of multi-media UniTrain courses.
IMS sub-systems with Siemens S7 and experiment software: it is of course also possible to follow the conventional route and connect a sub-system to an industrial-type programmable logic controller and put it into operation.
Training objectives for sub-systems:
- Analysis of functional relationships
- Set-up and adjustment of sensors
- Introduction to electrical and pneumatic function modules
- Configuration of mechatronics sub-systems
- Investigation of the flow of energy and information
- PLC programming