High-Speed Glow System
High-Speed Glow System
(Equipment set: ATS1)
This training environment comprising a high-speed glow system is ideal for practical and in-depth education on modern glow systems in passenger cars and commercial vehicles. A use of the latest educational concepts and numerous interactive animations for graphic representation of complex arrangements in automotive technology guarantees trainees a special learning experience.
In addition, didactically designed experiment hardware allows a mediation of diagnostic skills which trainees can directly apply in daily workshop activities.
The experiment hardware consists of real automotive components. Each component is treated realistically as an individual entity, and as part of an entire assortment comprising the high-speed glow system. This makes it possible to practically demonstrate the relationships arising from the principle of input, processing and output.
The associated software incorporates the full course and provides multimedia representations of the provided hardware components. Students are thereby encouraged to operate interactively on a regular basis. Also described are numerous procedures for experiments and measurements involving the components.
Simple wiring ensures fast and immediate start-up of the training system.
- Fundamentals of auxiliary start equipment
- Special aspects of a diesel engine
- Purposes of auxiliary start equipment
- Glow system's components
- Learning about a glow system's components
- Voltage supply and cabling
- Control lamps
- Glow plugs
- Glow plug controller
- Understanding the function of various glow phases
- Standby glow
- Start glow
- Intermediate glow
- Studying a glow system's diagnostic functions
- Understanding examples
- Testing a glow system
This course is meant to impart the following skills and competencies to students:
- Analyzing customers' complaints
- Developing test routines
- Diagnosing malfunctions in start systems with the aid of manufacturers' documentation and diagnostic equipment
- Reading and evaluating approval certificates
- Using circuit diagrams
- Ascertaining system-specific relationships from circuit diagrams and function plans
- Recognizing the impact of a failure on the general system and determining diagnostic strategy
- Evaluating readings
The training system comprises:
- Hardware components from a variety of automotive manufacturers
- Hardware and software for theoretical and practical instruction
- Software for independent studies
Electrical connections are established via 4mm safety jacks. Employed here are coloured 4mm safety measurement jacks which facilitate learning. The sensor signals, actuator controls and power supply sockets are colour-coded.
Dimensions and weight:
- Approximately 297 x 570 x 100 mm (HxWxD)
- Approximately 3.8 kg
Scope of delivery:
- Training system with 230V/50 Hz mains connection
- USB cable
- CD with basic software
- Operating instructions
- Personal computer with Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit version) or Windows 8
- CD-ROM drive for software installation
- USB interface for connecting measurement hardware